There are two different ways to setup an authenticated web application scanning:
- Create a new web application following the steps below.
- Edit an existing web application following the steps below.
In order for the scan to be able to login to the web application, the following steps must be completed.
- Login to Security Center.
- Click Asset Manager in the header.
- Click Web applications.
- Click on the edit icon for the web application you wish the scanner to login to or click on Add web application to create a new web application.
- In the window menu click on Authentication.
- Add the credentials for the profile you wish to use when logging in to the web application. Read more about how to setup an authenticated web scan in one of these articles:
How do I run an authenticated web application scan using HTTP Basic?
How do I run an authenticated web application scan using HTLM Form?
How do I run an authenticated web application scan using HTLM Dynamic form?
- Click OK.