Follow these instructions to create a tag. Read more about tags here:
- Login to Security Center.
- Click Assets in the main menu.
- Click Tags.
- Click +Add tag.
- Under the headline Tag details enter the following:
- Name: the name of the tag, e.g. Public servers.
- Color: select your preferred color for the tag.
- Business impact: select the business impact for this tag.
- Parent tag: select a parent tag.
- Description: any description you want to add for the tag, e.g. Systems that are exposed to internet.
- Under the headline Tag rule enter the following:
- Tag rule: if you want the tag to be static select No dynamic rule. Read about dynamic tag rules below.
- Re-evaluate rule on save: check this option if you want the rule to execute for all assets when saving.
- Under the headline Review and confirm:
- Review your tag settings.
- Click Finish.
Dynamic tag settings
All rules can be test by selecting one or more assets to test under Select assets to test.
Read about dynamic tags here:
Asset name contain
Select this option if you want the rule to match a part of the asset name. Any asset matching the text string will have the tag applied. E.g. string database will match an asset with the name SQL database server.
IP addresses in network range(s)
Select this option if you want the rule to match IP’s within a given IP range. Any asset within the IP range will have the tag applied. E.g. IP range 22.214.171.124/24 will match assets with IP’s 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
Select this option if you want the rule to match open ports. Any asset within the given open ports will have the tag applied. E.g. port 80 will match assets with port 80 open.
Select this option if you want the rule to match the asset operating system (OS). Any asset within the given OS will have the tag applied. E.g. OS Windows will match assets with the OS Window.