Holm Security offers the possibility to integrate and send tickets directly into Jira. This allows for quicker and easier management of your vulnerabilities. The ticket status will be updated automatically in Jira.
Please notice that the Jira integration only works with cloud based versions.
In order to integrate Holm Security with Jira, follow the steps below.
- Login to Security Center.
- Click on the Menu Icon in the top right corner.
- Click Settings > Integrations.
- Enable Jira by checking the checkbox.
- Enter your Jira cloud credentials:
- API token
- Jira URL
- Ticket naming
- Click Connect to Jira.
- Once connected two drop downs will appear allowing you to connect the integration with "Project" and "Issue type".
- Click OK.
Note: Make sure that priority field is added to every new issue type. The field should be added under context field. See image below:
Ticket status update
Task status is being automatically synchronized with Vulnerability Manager and the remediation module - it means, that if our scanner will detect, that vulnerability no longer exists, it will close the ticket (with status fixed) in Remediation module and also will close the ticket in the Jira system.
- Scanner detected vulnerability which was reported in Vulnerability Manager.
- Security engineer verified the vulnerability and created a ticket from Security Center level (tickets can also be created automatically based on policy rules without any human interactions, read more about it in this article: How do I create a remediation policy? - tickets are being created both in Remediation module and in Jira including all necessary descriptions.
- Responsible person remediate the vulnerability.
- Customer rerun the scan (scans can also run automatically if there is an active schedule setup).
- The scanner is verifying whether the previously defined vulnerability still exists - if not, the task is being closed both in the Jira system and remediation module.