Holm Security OnPrem is delivered as virtual machine (VM) images in OVA file format.
Supported platforms: VMWare vSphere version 6.5 or greater.
Items to consider when deploying the OVA images:
- Disk size on the virtual machines needs to be adjusted to correct size before they are booted for the first time
- The Compatibility sometimes needs to be upgraded on the VM to work: https://support.holmsecurity.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000675832-How-do-I-solve-issues-with-the-guest-operating-system-in-VMware-6-5-
- Sometimes the guest operation system needs to be set on the VM to Other Linux 64bit in order for the VM to boot
- Confirm external communication is opened according to the documentation
- Make sure information such as DNS, NTP, Network IP and SMTP are collected and ready
- Confirm correct network interface is attached to the VM
Information to Holm Security
- Share the Public IP that is used as a source IP when accessing resources on the internet. This IP might need to be whitelisted by Holm Security.
Resources from Holm Security
- You will receive the VM images prior to the installation
- The license file will be shared to you in order to activate your OnPrem once setup and ready
With all this covered you will be ready to boot up OnPrem and get started. Good luck!