Accessed using the SMB protocol (with user credentials) to check installed software on the system as well as the patch levels.
Accessed using SSH with user credentials or SSH key.
- To access the Windows registry properly, the target system needs to have the Remote Registry service enabled and running.
- For standalone target systems, that are not included in a local domain, it is important to set this registry key:
DWORD: LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy = 1
- Have the File and Printer Sharing service enabled.
- If you are scanning multiple servers within a domain it is recommended to set up a user in the "Domain Administrators group". This will make it easier to manage permissions for the scanning centrally. External link:
How to setup a domain user account
- A regular user account is enough (no su/root user permissions required).