To validate the checksum of Scanner Appliance (.ova only), follow -
1. Download the .ova file of scanner appliance from Security Centre.
2. Make one new folder and extract downloaded .ova file into that folder.
3. You will get three files there –
3.1. filename.mf (extracted mf file)
When you will open this .mf file in Notepad, you will see following details there –
3.1.A. SHA256 (filename.ovf) = Hash Value
3.1.B. SHA256 (filename.vmdk) = Hash Value
3.2. filename.ovf (extracted file)
3.3. filename.vmdk (extracted file)
4. Use any hash calculator tool to calculate the hash value of following files –
5. No changes in file if hash value of –
5.1. Point 3.1.A = Point 4.1
5.2. Point 3.1.B = Point 4.2
6. If the mentioned hash value are not matching then download the file again.
If any clarification required, raise query at firstname.lastname@example.org