To validate the checksum of Scanner Appliance (.ova only), please follow this guide.
1. Download the .ova file of scanner appliance from Security Centre.
2. Make one new folder and extract downloaded .ova file into that folder.
3. You will get three files there –
3.1. filename.mf (extracted mf file)
When you will open this .mf file in Notepad, you will see following details there –
3.1.A. SHA256 (filename.ovf) = Hash Value
3.1.B. SHA256 (filename.vmdk) = Hash Value
3.2. filename.ovf (extracted file)
3.3. filename.vmdk (extracted file)
4. Use any hash calculator tool to calculate the hash value of following files –
5. No changes in file if hash value of –
5.1. Point 3.1.A = Point 4.1
5.2. Point 3.1.B = Point 4.2
6. If the mentioned hash value are not matching then download the file again.