Deployment via Microsoft Azure Intune (Intune) is supported natively using the MSI package and the
concept of Line-of-business apps (Windows MSI) within Intune.
How to proceed the installation:
- login to your security Center
- Click on Asset Manager
- Click Devices.
- Click +New device
- Head to Deployment:
- Package: Click on the download icon to download the Device agent installer
- Choose your previously created token under Token.
- Copy the installation command and argument. Remove the command msiexec, MSI package
name and the /i argument to make it compatible with Intune. Intune Example:
- (Optional) Confirm if you need to use a proxy. If needed you will need to add that as an
argument to the installation arguments with a proper endpoint.
Setup in Intune:
Browse to Apps in your Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Add a new Windows Line-of-business app.
- Upload the MSI of Device Agent as the selected file to be used for the app.
- App install context is required to be Device.
- Ignore app version set to Yes (as Device Agent is updated automatically).
- Command-line arguments – here you paste in the created arguments from step 6.
- The rest of the options are custom and not a direct requirement for the installation.
- Proceed selecting what Device groups that should receive the app (see Deployment strategy
chapter in this document for more information)
- Monitor the roll out of apps and confirm that it is installed successfully on all devices.